- This event has passed.
National RISHI Clinician and Student Well-Being Retreat
April 20 @ 9:00 am - April 21 @ 12:00 pm
NATIONAL RISHI CLINICIAN AND STUDENT WELL-BEING WORKSHOP – 2018
“CONNECTING COURAGE AND LINEAGE with RESILIENCY and THRIVIING IN HEALTHCARE”
- April 20-21, 2018
- Mills Park Hotel http://www.millsparkhotel.com/
- 321 Xenia Ave, Yellow Springs, Ohio 45387
- (937) 319-0400
This 1-½ day workshop will draw on the award-winning discovery model methods of the Remen Institute for the Study of Health and Illness (RISHI). This workshop offers a time of renewal for healthcare professionals and medical/nursing students. Participants will have the opportunity to discover the connection between courage and lineage to foster and enhance resiliency and thriving in healthcare.
- Discovery Model Learning
- Opportunity for personal and professional reflection utilizing experiential exercises, quiet time, opportunities for walking, hiking and biking in a peaceful setting
- Use of symbolism, narrative, art, soul collage and journaling
- Generous listening and small group sharing
Who Should Attend:
- Health care professionals seeking to renew their work and personal lives.
- Medical & Nursing students seeking renewal and self-care tools
- Evangeline Andarsio, MD, Director of RISHI
- Lu Marchand, MD, Director Palliative Care Program at University of Washington Medical Center
- Cindi Kreger, MD, Internal Medicine at Ohio State University, and
- Mary Pat Thomas, MS, RN, AHN-BC Director, RISHI Power of Nursing
Objectives: Workshop participants will:
- Identify a personal connection to a lineage of healers,
- Identify their own unique contribution to a Healing community,
- Explore self-care tools to enhance resiliency,
- Experience and strengthen their own personal courage and power, and
- Experience the support of their professional community for the expression of their authentic power and viewpoint.
- $250 (Physicians, Nurse, and other health care professionals), $100 (Residents); $15 (students) and includes continental breakfast and lunch
- Cost of hotel and the Friday night dinner are not included.
“This retreat is for healthcare professionals and students seeking renewal in their work and personal lives. The setting for the retreat and its theme offers a time of respite from our busy professional lives. I hope you can join us for an incredibly enriching experience!” states Evangeline C. Andarsio, MD, Associate Clinical Professor of Ob-Gyn at the Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine. Dr. Andarsio is the Chair of the Medicine-Spirituality Conference, and Director, RISHI and the National Healer’s Art program at Wright State University at Boonshoft School of Medicine.
You can contact Dr. Andarsio at email@example.com
Med-Spirit Conference: http://medicine.wright.edu/med-spirit/